SDC Recital YouTube Channel
Practice Your Class Dances Anywhere!
SDC Recital Dates & Times
Show Order: Show Orders 2020!
When: Saturday, June 6, 2020 @ 9:00am-1:30pm-6:00pm (see show order for assigned show)
Dress Rehearsal: Friday, June 5, 2020
Show 1: 9am
Show 2: 1:30pm
Show 3: 6pm
Where: Denton High School
- Week of April 13-18: Parent Costume Meetings (the last 20 minutes of class)
- Recital Fee: $90 / family to be drafted February 15, 2020!
- Decatur Recital Pictures: May 4-8, 2020 (Times may vary and a schedule to be released)
- Denton Recital Pictures: May 11-15, 2020 (Times may vary and a schedule to be released)
- As recital quickly approaches, we ask that you please make sure your student is regularly attending all classes they are enrolled in. It is important that each student is there to learn the routines and all needed material for recital. If one person is gone, it can affect the whole group. If a student missed on a regular basis and the class is negatively impacted, they may be asked to schedule a private lesson to catch up as needed. Thank you for your help with this so that we can have a successful and positive end of year performance for everyone involved.
SDC Dance Recital
Each June, we end our season with a fully-staged professional Recital at Decatur High School and Denton High School. All classes, with the exception of Creative Movement, Technique and Tumbling participate. Our Recital showcases the accomplishments each student has made throughout the season while participating in their dance class routine. We encourage but do not require individual participation. A large part of dance training is performing and although performance opportunities can help prepare some students for a possible career in dance, they also contribute to children’s success in non-dance activities. This performance experience helps build self-esteem and self-confidence and can result in better in-school presentations, improved social skills and strong interview skills for future college or job opportunities. The rehearsal process for Recital is a tremendous learning experience as well. It helps the children develop retention skills, and by working with their classmates on a group performance level they learn the positive aspects of working as a team to create the best end result possible. Dedication to Recital commitments is the responsibility of both the dancer and their parents.
Non Refundable Fees Auto Drafted Performance Fees
It is assumed that ALL STUDENTS will perform in all performances when enrolled and all non-refundable fees associated with the performances are auto drafted. We must receive email notification by October 1st (regarding the Spring Recital) that your dancer is not participating in order to ensure costume and recital fees are not charged. Dancers who enroll after October 1st, must notify us at time of enrollment.
There are two, non-refundable fees associated with the SPRING RECITAL: Costumes and Recital Fee.
The Costume Fee will be auto drafted in 2 installments; October 15th & November 15th. Costumes range from $65-80 each and include all accessories and a brand new pair of tights. The Recital Fee will be auto drafted February 15th. The Recital Fee is $90 per family and helps cover the cost of the production (theatre rental, backdrop, keepsake programs, trophies, etc.) so the show will be free for your family and friends to attend.